View the latest news from Greater Cincinnati Water Works.
- May 2, 2014
- Cincinnati Participating in National Discussion about U.S. Water Infrastructure
Cincinnati, OH – Tony Parrott, Executive Director of Greater Cincinnati Water Works and the Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater (MSD), Cincinnati will participate in the Value of Water Coalition’s national panel discussion about water infrastructure in Washington, DC on May 14.
Parrott was selected to represent publicly owned water utilities because of his leadership and industry expertise. Other panelists include Nancy Stoner, U.S. EPA, Ed Pinero, Veolia Water North America, and Mark Strauss, American Water.
For more details, please see attached.
- March 18, 2014
- Tips To Find & Fix Water Leaks, Save Money
Leaks can run, but they can't hide.
- March 1, 2014
- Water Main Breaks and Leaks
Due to recent cold temperatures, Greater Cincinnati Water Works is experiencing an increase in the number of water main breaks and leaks. Our team is working around the clock to make necessary repairs and salt impacted roadways as needed.
To confirm a water main break or leak in your area, please see our current list of water main breaks and leaks. To report a water main break or leak that is not listed, please email email@example.com (Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) or call 513 591-7700.
- January 16, 2014
- West Virginia Chemical Spill
Water quality samples collected at Greater Cincinnati Water Works' intakes show the Elk River Spill has passed through the Cincinnati area.
- January 9, 2014
- Cincinnati Water Utilities to Host International Water Conference in 2015
The International Water Association (IWA), in partnership with Greater Cincinnati Water Works and the Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati, will host water experts from around the globe in April 2015 during a joint specialty water conference. This is the first time the conference will be held in North America. World water leaders will discuss critical water and wastewater industry issues. Read more.
- January 3, 2014
- Cold Temperatures Lead to Frozen Pipes, Tips to Keep Bursts at Bay
Snow and ice and frigid temperatures often lead to frozen pipes. To help protect residents and business owners from the expense and headache of dealing with frozen pipes, GCWW has a few tips to help keep the bursts at bay. Read more.
Video demonstration at youtube.com/cincinnatiwater.
- October 3, 2013
- GCWW Launches UV Treatment Facility
The City of Cincinnati and Greater Cincinnati Water Works began operations today of a $30 million state-of-the-art Ultraviolet Disinfection Treatment Facility.
- September 25, 2013
- WCPO Channel 9 visited GCWW’s Richard Miller Plant to learn more about our new UV disinfection treatment facility
Watch their story.
- September 24, 2013
- WVXU’s Ann Thompson examines how Cincinnati became a world water leader
Listen and/or read her report.
- September 23, 2013
- Fox 19 learns why Cincinnati’s water will soon be even cleaner
Watch their story.
- More Results: