Youth 2 Work Program
The City's Youth 2 Work Program is a consortium of City departments, local nonprofits, and partner organizations working to recruit, train and employ youth on behalf of the City of Cincinnati.
The 8-week program provides job readiness and life skills training to Cincinnati youth between the ages of 14-18 through internal City Departments or outsourced organizations. Youth will work between 20-30 hours a week from June to August earning $8.10 per hour (the current minimum wage for youth in Ohio).
Employers include City departments, nonprofit organizations, and private sector partners. Youth are placed in career-oriented employment opportunities such as law enforcement, fire and safety, horticulture, recreation, art, technology and administration.
- 2016 Y2WK Summer Intern (Urban League) -- JOB POSTING IS CLOSED
FIRE SUMMER CADET (CIVILIAN) (PART-TIME) -- JOB POSTING IS CLOSED
Below is the five-step process for completing an application in the NeoGov system. You can also click here to download a how-to guide for applying.
- Complete an applicant profile that includes: Education, Work Experience and required attachments (ex. resume, work permit, demographic form, etc)
- The City’s job application questions that collect demographic and EEO questions (If you are a returning applicant to NeoGov your answers in this section will auto populate.)
- Required questions for Y2WK Program (supplemental questions can be viewed by the applicant without the need to log-in or completing the application)
- Review your application information prior to submitting and verify it is correct (applicants can edit in this stage, if need be)
Certify & Submit
- The applicant’s digital signature (this step confirms the applicants information is accurate and true)
Applicants can check the status of their application by clicking on the quick link, ‘NeoGov Frequently Asked Questions).