Greater Cincinnati Water Works (GCWW) will provide a sample copy of materials for classroom use. Email us at email@example.com, with item name(s), your name, address and phone number.
Water Quality Report
This report answers questions about GCWW drinking water, like:
- Where does my water come from?
- How is it treated?
- What is the quality of our water?
Multiple copies are available for the classroom. Specify number needed.
The Story Of Drinking Water
This is a good teaching resource that covers several items including the earliest methods of treating water over 1,500 years ago, the water cycle and fun facts.
Drinking Water Activities for Students & Teachers
You can obtain Drinking Water Activities for Students, Teachers , and Parents, Document No. EPA-80-B-99-002, by calling the EPA Safe Drinking Water Hotline (1-800-426-4791). Note that this is not available from GCWW.
Splash Activity Book
This booklet is geared to grades 1-3, with games and puzzles to help young students learn about drinking water and the water cycle. A free sample is available, see above for contact information.
Additional Informational Links
- American Water Works Association Drinking Water Week (second week of May): coloring pages, riddles, teacher resources
- US Geological Survey: learning activities
- US Department of Health and Human Services: search on drinking water or fluoride
- EPA web site: activities for kids, including water cycle
- Groundwater Consortium for Great Miami Aquifer, Southwestern Ohio: public education information