Streetcar Progress Update
Week Ending Sept. 13, 2013
Meet Mike King, Messer/Prus/Delta's Community Relations Leader for the Cincinnati Streetcar's construction phase.
Throughout construction, Mike will be doing outreach to businesses and residents along the Streetcar route.
You might see him putting up door hangers and talking to folks through the CBD and Over-the-Rhine. Don't be surprised if you get a phone call from Mike or see him out on the street.
Welcome aboard, Mike!
Progress This Week:
- Business/resident notification started on Elm Street adjacent to Washington Park.
- Backfilling the basement at 1911 Race St. (part of Maintenance & Operations Facility site) was completed, and soil began to be stockpiled for the larger building basement backfilling.
- Demolition of the east building at 1910 Elm St. (also part of Maintenance & Operations Facility site) continued.
- Exploratory digging for utilities continued on Race Street, between Findlay and Liberty streets.
- New sanitary and storm installation commenced on Elm Street, by Washington Park.
- Water main installation continued near Central Parkway and Walnut Street.
- Conduit installation for traffic signals continued near 12th and Elm streets; at Findlay and Elm streets; and on Race Street between Findlay and Liberty streets. Work also began on Elm Street near Liberty Street.
- Duke performed underground gas work along Elm Street between 12th and Wade streets; and on Race Street near Findlay Street.
- Duke also did underground electrical work on Main Street near Ninth Street; on Race Street near Elder Street; and on Race next to SCPA.
Planned For Next Week:
- Demolition of the east building at 1910 Elm St. (part of Maintenance & Operations Facility site) will continue. Traffic will be minimally restricted at all times.
- Exploratory digging will take place on Race Street between Liberty and 14th streets; and on Central Parkway between Race and Walnut streets. Traffic will be minimally restricted at all times.
- Conduit installation for traffic signals will continue on Race Street just north of Liberty Street. Work still start on Race Street between 14th and Liberty streets. Traffic will be maintained.
- New sanitary and storm installation will continue on Elm Street next to Washington Park. Work will also start just one block north, on Elm Street between 14th and 15th streets. Access to & through 14th Street will be significantly reduced and closed from Central Parkway to Race Street periodically.
- Paver removal will start on Elm Street next to Washington Park, following the completion of gas work. Traffic will be limited to 1 lane. The entrance to the garage will be maintained.
- Water main installation will continue near Central Parkway and Walnut Street.
- Duke will perform underground gas work on Elm Street between 12th and Wade streets.
- Duke will also conduct underground electrical work on Walnut Street near Court Street.
- Business/resident notification will conclude on Elm Street by Washington Park. Notification will start the next block north, between 14th and 15th streets.
- Installation of new sanitary manhole on Elm Street in front of Music Hall
- Duke's contractor tying Elm Street house’s gas service to new the gas main.
- Work for underground conduit crossings near Race and Liberty streets continued this week.
- There's been a lot of progress on demolition of the second building at the MOF site.