All information contained within this website is subject to change. Updates are ongoing.
Retiree Health Care
Medicare D Prescription Plan
- Important Information - Prescription Coverage
- 2016 Medicare D Guide - Select Plan
- 2016 Medicare D Guide - Secure Plan
- Anthem, 1-855-315-8928 (Anthem Customer Service Phone # is on your Anthem card)
- Guardian, 1-800-541-7846 ( weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST )
- Eyemed, 1-866-299-1358
- Diabetes and Hypertension Coaching Program
OptumRx - prescription coverage
Customer Service: 855-385-9357
- To learn more about OptumRx, please visit their website at www.optumrx.com You will be asked to register and create a user name and password. As a registered member, you can use this site to manage your prescription drug benefits, order refills, sign up for text message reminders, track your orders, and view the status of your claims
Eligibility for Retiree Health Care
Current Employees Class of the Collaborative Settlement Agreement (CSA): Defined as “CRS members who were employed as of the effective date of the CSA and who participated in the CRS with at least five years of creditable service and who were actively employed or otherwise qualified for benefits on July 1, 2011, and who are members of Group C, Group D, Group E, or Group F as these terms are defined by Cincinnati Municipal Code ("CMC'') §203-1-Ml (b), (c), (d), and (e).” Shall be entitled to retirement healthcare benefits as provided in the (CSA) if they retire with at least 30 years of creditable service regardless of age, or at or after age 60 with at least 20 years of creditable service (except for members of Group C, who shall be entitled to the same retirement healthcare benefits as members of the Retirees Class if they retire with at least 15 years of creditable service). These Current Employees Class members shall receive the most favorable p1an available to active employees (excluding police, fire, and building trades) at the time of their respective retirements.
For Active CRS Members Hired On or After January 9th, 1997 who meet the minimum service credit requirements, the cost for health care coverage depends on the member’s TOTAL full years of service credit AND their age at the time of separation from service. Total years of service credit include service earned while a member of CRS AND service transferred or purchased from other Ohio State Retirement Systems, Military Service, or Out-of- State Federal service. Contact the Retirement Office for more information.
Rehired retirees cannot participate in CRS healthcare coverage if they are actively employed in any capacity by the City of Cincinnati.
Dependent Eligibility for Health Care
Effective January 1, 2011, the following policy has been approved by both the Cincinnati Retirement System and Risk Management:
Spouses and dependent children who are actively employed by the City, but who are not eligible for the City’s health care plan due to the number of hours worked, may participate in the same CRS coverage as the retiree.
Retirement healthcare benefits are always subject to change and are not a vested benefit.