Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste is collected bi-weekly on the same green and gold weeks as recycling. Properly prepared yard waste should be set at the curb on the same day as your regularly scheduled recycling collection.
- Yard waste should be placed in clearly marked cans with handles; paper bags designed for yard waste or bundled with heavy twine or cotton rope. Yard waste containers and bags exceeding 25 lbs. in weight will not be collected. Yard waste placed in city garbage carts, recycle bins or plastic bags will not be collected.
- Loose yard waste such as grass or leaves should be in containers that have lids or in bags that are closed to prevent blowing. Sticks and branches may be tied into bundles of no than 3’ lengths and 2’ in diameter. No tape, plastic rope or metal wire may be used to bundle. Branches with stickers, spines or other hazards must be placed in bags or cans to avoid injuring collections personnel. Branches must be no thicker than 6” in diameter
Yard Waste not accepted
- Yard waste mixed with garbage or in plastic bags
- Logs or stumps thicker than 6” in diameter
- Dirt, rocks, sand or concrete
- Treated or processed wood of any kind
- Animal feces
- Don't place yard waste in your recycling cart.
Please compost yard waste at home whenever possible.
Grass clippings can be left on the lawn instead of bagged.
Yard Waste Drop-Off Sites
Hamilton County also offers seasonal yard-waste drop-off sites. (Please be sure to check dates and hours.)