Yard Waste Program Is Back
The 2013 Yard Waste Program will return on April 1, 2013.
City Crews will collect properly prepared yard waste for composting, separate from regular residential garbage.
This will be a bi-weekly service. Residents should set out properly prepared yard waste on the same day as their regularly scheduled recycling collection.
- Yard waste should be placed in biodegradable brown paper yard waste bags or cans clearly marked "Yard Waste."
- Yard waste stickers are not required. Registration for this service is not necessary.
- Yard waste in plastic bags cannot be collected or received at composting facilities. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Branches and brush should be tied (with cloth rope-not plastic cord) into bundles no larger than 4 feet by 2 feet. Individual tree limbs should be no longer than 6 inches in diameter.
- All types of yard waste are accepted, including: grass clippings, leaves, branches and brush.
Please compost yard waste at home whenever possible.
Grass clippings can be left on the lawn instead of bagged.
Yard Waste Drop-Off Sites
Citizens are encouraged to use yard waste drop off sites to minimize the amount of yard waste that is sent to solid waste landfills.
Three sites are located across Hamilton County:
- East: Bzak Landscaping - 3295 Turpin Lane (off Rt. 32), Anderson Township.
- West: Kuliga Park - 6717 Bridgetown Road, Green Township
- North: Rumpke Landfill - Struble Road and Colerain Avenue, Colerain Township