The Traffic and Road Operations Division is responsible for providing our community with clean and safe travel conditions in the City's public right-of-way.
The Traffic and Road Operations Division is responsible for responding to emergency services, including snow removal, landslides, floods, traffic signal and street outages, in a timely manner. The Division is committed to ensuring safe travel by promptly responding to road emergencies and providing safe, passable streets during weather emergencies. The Division is also charged with a variety of maintenance services.
Our goal is to manage these services in a timely and efficient manner for the benefit of the City.
Our responsibilities include:
- Asphalt Maintenance & Pavement Repair: Filling potholes, paving, rehab of right-of-way
- Attenuator Maintenance
- Curb Repair
- Emergency Services: Snow, floods, landslides, emergency right-of-way obstructions
- Fleet Management: heavy equipment support and maintenance
- Roadway Lighting System: Lighting system for streets, highways and public areas
- Snow & Ice Control: Snow emergency plan, snow alerts, and snow removal.
- Structures: Walls, steps, bridges, fences, and storm water drainage system
- Traffic Control: Crosswalks, line painting, detour/set up of special events, street signs, traffic control devices, traffic signals and school flashers.