View press releases from the Office of Mayor John Cranley.
- September 1, 2015
- Mayor Cranley Unveils Paid Parental Leave Proposal
Mayor John Cranley has introduced proposed legislation to dramatically increase the amount of paid time off that may be used by municipal employees upon becoming a new parent.
- August 26, 2015
- Mayor Cranley Vetoes Charter Amendment Allowing Executive Sessions
Cincinnati Mayor John Cranley has vetoed legislation that would place a charter amendment on the November ballot regarding executive sessions. If the charter amendment is approved by voters, it would allow Cincinnati City Council to hold secret, closed-door meetings under certain circumstances.
- August 12, 2015
- Mayor Cranley, area mayors sign anti-Semitism statement
Mayor John Cranley has signed on to the “Mayors United Against Anti-Semitism” initiative. He joins many other U.S. mayors from across the nation in urging their European counterparts to publicly address and take specific actions against rising anti-Semitism.
- July 9, 2015
- Mayor Cranley offers encouragement to police during All-Star Week
With enhanced police patrols planned for the busy All-Star Week, Mayor John Cranley will appear at the twice-daily roll calls for officers at the beginning of their shifts to offer his support.
- June 22, 2015
- Mayor Cranley Asks Citizens to Wear Blue on Friday in Honor of Police Officer Sonny Kim
Mayor John Cranley is asking citizens in the City of Cincinnati and throughout the region to consider wearing a blue-colored clothing item on Friday, June 26, to honor the memory of fallen Cincinnati Police Officer Sonny Kim.
- June 19, 2015
- Mayor Cranley Mourns the Death of Officer Sonny Kim
Mayor John Cranley expresses his condolences to the family, friends and co-workers of Cincinnati Police Officer Sonny Kim.
- June 16, 2015
- Mayor Cranley to City Council on Blocking of Capital Budget
“Don’t hold police cruisers, ambulances and garbage trucks hostage to spending on pet projects.”
- June 15, 2015
- Mayoral Budget Ordinance Referral Message
A budget ordinance referral message from Mayor John Cranley.
- June 10, 2015
- Mayor Cranley welcomes Mayor Akel Biltaji to Cincinnati
Mayor John Cranley will welcome Akel Biltaji, the mayor of Amman, Jordan, to Cincinnati on Thursday, June 11. Mayor Biltaji is visiting to sign an agreement launching a Sister Cities relationship between Cincinnati and Amman.
- June 4, 2015
- Mayor Cranley, Sentinels Push for Changes to CPD Promotional Exams
Mayor John Cranley and the Sentinel Police Association are joining together to support changing the testing procedures that are used to determine promotions in the Cincinnati Police Department.
- More Results: