Cincinnati Fire Department Teams Up With Muscular Dystrophy Association
For Its 11th Annual "Fill-the-Boot" Campaign
The Cincinnati Fire Department (CFD) is proud to continue its fundraising efforts with the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) by participating in the 2012 "Fill-the-Boot" Campaign. The program continues the lifelong partnership between the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) and the MDA.
The kick-off to CFD's "Fill-the-Boot" Campaign is this Friday, June 22, 2012, at 9 a.m. at the Greater Cincinnati Firefighters Memorial site (located at 6th Street & Central Avenue). The MDA will also be presenting the CFD with a proclamation that morning.
Community members are also invited to help CFD Firefighters "put out the flame" on neuromuscular diseases by donating spare change to fill their boots. Money raised by the event will benefit Greater Cincinnati Ohio families in their battle with neuromuscular disease. Firefighters will collect on June 22, June 29, July 27, Aug. 10, Aug. 17, and Aug. 24 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the following locations:
- Station 2: Reading & Seymour
- Station 3: 3rd & Broadway
- Station 5: Vine & McMicken
- Station 7: Beechmont & Corbly
- Station 8: Montgomery & Ridge
- Station 9: Reading & Tennessee
- Station 12: Colerain & Hopple
- Station 14: 4th & Central
- Station 17: 8th & Freeman
- Station 18: Kellogg & Wilmer
- Station 19: Jefferson & MLK
- Station 20: Blue Rock & Hamilton
- Station 21: Queen City & Harrison
- Station 23: Victory & MLK
- Station 24: Glenway & Glencrossing
- Station 29: Central Pkwy & Liberty
- Station 31: Marburg & Alamo
- Station 32: Forest & Reading
- Station 34: Clifton & Ludlow
- Station 35: Boudinot & Harrison
- Station 37: River & Anderson Ferry
- Station 38: Mitchell & Spring Grove
- Station 46: Erie and Michigan
- Station 49: Redbank & Madison
- Station 50: Gracely & Kibby Ln.
- Station 51: Hamilton & North Bend
"The Cincinnati Fire Department is honored to continue their partnership with the MDA. The cause is near and dear to our hearts, as the MDA has personally supported fellow brother and sister firefighters," said Fire Chief Richard Braun.
"With the support of the Cincinnati Fire Department, MDA has brought help and hope to those living with neuromuscular diseases in Cincinnati. In 10 years, over $400,000 has been raised to support local clinics, support groups, assistance with repairs of medical equipment and camp. They are truly MDA's Heroes," stated MDA Executive Director Jennifer Ransick